Growth Groups are central to the life of our church and we encourage everyone to be part of a group.
They are especially important as our church grows, as it can be hard to know everyone and feel connected.
Our Growth Groups are small groups of, ideally, 6-10 people meet together, often weekly, to share together in the ups and downs of being whole-life disciples of Jesus. At their best, groups are eager to listen together to what God is saying to them through the words of the Bible; they are honest enough to share how the ‘theory’ they read in the bible is actually going in their day to day lives – at work, at home, privately or with others; when things are going well the group can rejoice together; when things are tough, the group can offer practical care and committed prayer, and perhaps some wisdom too.
We have many different groups meeting across Trull and Taunton. Some meet in the evening while others are during the days. We have same and mixed gender groups. Some cater for those at a specific stage of life like mums with young children or the retired.
Generally our groups follow the sermon series in what they discuss from the Bible, but occasionally they will use other materials including DVDs, books etc.
Our groups are overseen by Anne Bird and David Taylor. If you would like to consider joining a group, please contact Anne – email@example.com
Autumn 2017 Series – Passing on the Baton
July – August 2017 series – Meeting God in the Psalms (pdfs)
- Psalms for Summer 2017
- Psalm 40 Responding to Rescue
- Psalm 71 Secure at Every Stage
- Psalm 85 Longing for Restoration
- Psalm 23 Led by the Shepherd
- Psalm 119vv97-112 Delighting in God’s Word
- Psalm 146 Praising the Protector
Summer 2017 series – Enjoying God: Life in all its Fullness (pdfs)
- John – Introduction to Gospel
- John 2 vv1-11 Abundance
- John 3 vv1-21 Life
- John 4 vv1-26 Refreshment
- John 6 vv25-40 Satisfaction
- John 8 vv12-30 Light
- John 10 vv1-11 Care
- John 14 vv1-7 Hope
- John 15 vv1-17 Fruitfulness
Spring 2017 series – Being Good News for Our Community (pdfs)
- Being Good News – 2 Corinthians 2:12-3:6
- Do Not Be Arrogant – 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
- Do Build Each Other Up – John 13:12-17 & 31-35
- Do Not Give Up Meeting Together – Hebrews 10:19-25
- Do Look After the Vulnerable – Deuteronomy 24:10-22
- Do Not Spread Negativity – Romans 12:14-21
- Do Act Generously – Acts 2:42-47 & 4:32.37
- Do Not Use Words to Harm – James 3:1-12
- Do Share Good News With All – 1 Peter 3:8-12